Sunday, July 24, 2011

Sale Shopping and Saving $$$$$

So... I am writing this blog with a baby carrier on, with a sleeping baby hanging on the front of me.

Anyway, on with the blog. So, the joke is that I say to David "I got this so cheap, the store practically paid me to take it out of the store." Well - today, that literally was the case. Hooray for sales and coupons. So - I had this $3.00 coupon ANY Aussie or Herbal Essence products. I had two coupons. I usually don't use those brands, but when I was coupon clipping in my mother-in-laws hand-me-down coupon ads, the coupon price was so good, I figured there was something I could get for sure, and end up with it pretty much for cheapo or for free.

I picked an item (Hairspray, I got 2) and the item was originally $4.50 each. They were on sale for $2.50 each. So, at check out, low and behold, I got $3.00 off each item to my surprise actually. I thought I would only save on the actual price of the item. So.... I got $0.50 back on the purchase of each hairspray can..... the store paid me to take them home! How nice! I am certainly willing to switch brands of hairspray to get them free, with some extra change... actually the change went towards the rest of the grocery store purchase. Love shopping. Love saving money! It's a game. Literally - I got it so cheap, the store practically paid me to take it out of the store for them.

No comments: