Saturday, August 16, 2008

A Frustrating Night, Size Goals, and Healthy Living

Okay.... so this blogger makes an EARLY return, after a long hiatus. I woke up at 4:30am this morning and COULD not fall back asleep. So, I've been on the computer and have seen the sky go from dark to light, and the sun should rise within the next 20 minutes or so. I am going to be soooo grouchy today, something I am not looking forward to. Yesterday was such a great shopping day... and a good hair day too! How often does one wake up with PERFECT, yes, perfect hair? Um almost never, unless you are like my brothers in law who both shave their heads. I think I am going to go for an early gym run this morning, to helpfully and hopefully either a) make me more tired, so I can nap or b) give me an energy boost for the day. Ahhhh.

Shopping was so much fun because I am now down a pants size as well as a skirt size, so I got to shop, and enjoy finding things too big! Only 5 more lbs. to go till my first "goal post" on the journey. At that point, I will have lost 20lbs. total, and will reward myself with... you guessed it!!! Shopping!!!! Well, it is shopping with purpuse actually... I will be purchasing a pair of new work out pants, probably in pink or hot pink. (Go Figure) Then hereafter, the "goal posts" are in 10lb increments, and once I get to my goal size (comfortably fitting, not snuggly fitting) then I will work at maintaining. I have really not "dieted," this time round, which is why I've had success. Here's the gist of the Allison Wonderland Lifestyle Changes. ;)
a) I've added regularly working out and swimming to my lifestyle, (usually 2x weekly)
b) I have lowered my intake of carbs, boosted my veggie and protein intake.
c) I have not eliminated carbs and sugars, to prevent binging etc,
d) I have completely eliminated soda and carbonated beverages,
e) I've eliminated fast food, pizza, and donuts on a regular basis,
f) I have set a reasonable size goal, as opposed to loosing a specific number of lbs.
g) When I'm moody, or craving sweets, I either go for a walk, or force myself to have a non-carb snack.
h) I drink TONS of water.
I have to say, it is so refreshing to shop now. I don't hate trying on clothes. Not only do I have the wonderful benefit of seeing the drop in size, I feel healthier... really, I do. I have way more laundry to do because of the regularity of going to the gym (which means more clothing and towels to wash), but the benefit far outweighs the negative. So.... off to the gym!

2 comments:

The Real Deal said...

Congrats! Good for you...I know how hard the discipline can be. I've been changing my lifestyle over the last 6 months or so. I don't know if you've been following my blog or FB updates, but I've lost about 35 lbs. and a couple inches. I've been working out 3-4 times a week and changing my dietary habits too. (Cutting out soda made a HUGE difference for me)

Have fun buying smaller clothes and getting the compliments from people who notice! =)

http://roadtovalinor.blogspot.com

Jenny said...

Go, Allison! :D You're making me feel lazy. :(