Sunday, November 4, 2007

Untitled Hymn (Come to Jesus) by Chris Rice

Song: Untitled Hymn (Come To Jesus)
Lyrics/Music: Chris Rice
Artist: Chris Rice

Weak and wounded sinner, Lost and left to die
O, raise your head, for love is passing by
Come to Jesus, Come to Jesus Come, to Jesus and live!

Now your burden's lifted, and carried far away
And precious blood has washed away the stain, so
Sing to Jesus, Sing to Jesus, Sing to Jesus and live!

And like a newborn baby, don’t be afraid to crawl
And remember when you walk, Sometimes we fall...so
Fall on Jesus, fall on Jesus, fall on Jesus and live!

Sometimes the way is lonely, and steep and filled with pain
So if your sky is dark and pours the rain, then
Cry to Jesus, Cry to Jesus, Cry to Jesus and live!

O and when the love spills over, and music fills the night
And when you can't contain your joy inside, then
Dance for Jesus, Dance for Jesus, Dance for Jesus and live!

And with your final heartbeat, kiss the world goodbye
Then go in peace, and laugh on Glory's side, and
Fly to Jesus, Fly to Jesus, Fly to Jesus and live!


The words to this song are not my own, and are merely here on my blog to encourage others. My thoughts are here for the sake of review, and are not written here in any attempt to steal, alter or edit. I discovered this song on itunes months ago and bought it right away because I liked the words and the sound of the artist. I heard a little clip and that was all when I actually got to listen to the piece in its entirety, the words really hit home and were such an encouragement to me. I can’t tell you how many times I have had that song on replay and repeat. I love how it talks about how that in. all of the situations in life, there is a proper response for us in our relationship with Christ… there is something we must always do. We can go to the Lord in times of joy, sorrow, and need. I have found this song to be a great reminder to me of how I should respond to the Lord in life’s circumstances.

No comments: