Pride and Prejudice (1995 BBC Version)
- Currently in the middle of this (actually halfway through episode 5 of 6). This is an old favorite of mine. Watching this with the family probably like the 100th time. :) Own the DVD and the how-the-movie-was-made book. VERY VERY Highly Recommended.
Legally Blonde
- Never saw this before, and was recommended by a student of mine. There were some really great moments and I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. Would love to see this without all the innuendos, drinking, etc. Won't by the DVD for my collection. Cautiously recommended.
Legally Blonde - The Musical
- The same student also loaned me her copy of the musical that was taped for MTV. She told me ahead of time to fast forward the commercials... so I did... and I am sure I am glad for that. So, this is such a funny musical. I like it as a musical even better than the movie. The songs are fun and very catchy, but again there are several things I didn't like, including some adult themes. Some of the songs have language, and questionable content. Would not go to see show or take a child to see it. buy cast album... might buy one or two songs on itunes. Cautiously recommended.
Persuasion (1995 Sony Pictures Version)
- Great movie! Bought the DVD! Loved it! Certainly not the best Jane Austen movie out there, but certainly one worth viewing repeatedly. Recommended!
Pollyanna (The BBC/Masterpiece Theater Version from 2002)
- Enjoyable, very close to the book Pollyanna. Plot changing from America to England. Not quite so sappy and sweet as the Disney version (which I also own). I was in tears, and loved the performances. David Bamber who plays Mr. Collins in the above mentioned Pride and Prejudice is also in this film. Good performance. Pollyanna is adorable, sweet, and believable.... not a perfect little child actor, but a real sweet personality that goes well on the screen. Own the DVD. Highly recommended!
- Recommended and loaned to me by a new voice student. Has piece Caro Mio Ben in movie. Enjoyable movie. Cute, but unrealistic to the real music world. Would definitely watch again, but would not purchase the DVD. Recommended.
2 comments:
:mentally marks for reference: danke. :)
:mentally marks for reference: danke. :)
Post a Comment