So, I've been thinking alot lately (a dangerous pastime, I know). I've been thinking about things. I have been thinking about how thankful I am for my parents, and for their commitment to teaching us (me and my sibs) about the Lord, protecting us, raising us in a save home environment, loving us, and disciplining us. It certainly hasn't always been fun, but it has been good for me, and has helped to shape me into who I am today. I certainly haven't arrived at where I think the Lord wants me to be, but at least I know I am there somewhere in the process.
Another thing I have been thinking about is God's timing. God's timing is perfect. Mine - well, lets, just say it's a bit flawed. While I think that I might have something wonderful in mind, and see how it would fit perfectly into my life, well, I might and usually am wrong. God usually always has different plans, and it certainly is an adventure. Right now I am thinking that I am in a holding pattern and I think he is using this time for growing my relationship with Him. Sometimes I think that I know how exactly I want my life, and I plan it out. Then I pray for my will and my wants, and my ideas and plans to be what God wants for me. When really, it should be the other way around. What right do I have to tell God how to run my life? Um... I don't
No comments:
Post a Comment