Saturday, July 7, 2007

Back from Camp and a Joyous Little Anecdote

I am thrilled to be home. I am tired, and exhausted from a long week of business. I am so honored to have been asked to serve on the committee. The people who recommended me told me this morning and told me why they suggested me, and I was so pleased.

It was so exciting, new and different to be so involved with the planning and running of a summer camp that I love so much. It was very busy, and we were going non-stop, but I am so glad that the Lord gave me the strength to persevere. I have done many kinds of office work, and behind the scenes work as well.
  • Registration
  • Banking (this actually should be like 6 bullet points it took so much work)
  • Data Entry
  • Access
  • Counting Offering
  • Printing and Making Buttons
  • Cabin Inspecting (and re-inspecting, with an admonishing afterwards)
  • Going on store runs
  • Making a trip down the mountain
  • And more.

I was busy the entire week, with litte time off, and when it was free, I slept, or lay down. Last night when I was free, we all hung out and talked with the Awana Missionaries who came up for the Citation Award Ceremony and the Banquet.

I was very happy with how camp turned out this year, last year it was a frustrating mess, and I did not want to return under the same leadership. I am so thankful for the outstanding leadership we had this year, and the fact that he stood his ground when it came to discipline, and how camp should be run.

Joyous Little Anecdote:

I am home, and am having a wonderful time watching my nephew crawl on the floor! I also found out that he is going to have another sibling!

No comments: